Wednesday, August 10, 2011

out of the ordinary

Really there's nothing ordinary about my family. So in someways everyday is out of the ordinary .
I guess I like schedules and routine, but sometimes there are fun little surprises or events that happen out of the ordinary and that can be nice at times.
For instance hubby had a 4 day weekend and that was very nice . We needed the extra time with him, but now he's back to work and I'm missing him.
Yesterday was a little stressful with the kids. As you can see I have 3 little ones. They're ages 5, 2, 6 months. They keep me on my toes and sometimes I just need a little time to myself or just some adult conversation. from listening to my 5 yr. old say the same thing over and over and being an interpreter of twoberish (as a side note I could make a career out of that when I'm done with this mothering thing...LOL)(that's the art of trying to understand a 2 year old) We like to call her the ventriloquist. She has this way of trying to talk . She doesn't move her lips and talks from the back of her throat. It sounds a lot like garbled Ernie from sesame street.(makes it kind of hard) I'm not going to lie, sometimes I nod and say sweet nothings like "yes honey" and "Oh really?"  Of course I'll never cop to that when she's 20.
Today we're going to a play date to get out of the house. It will cut down on some of that stress. It's an out of the ordinary thing. And hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home